About Me

My photo
A big lover of all types of media, from Movies to Video Games, Books to Music, Television to Stage.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Suggestions And Comments

I am trying to keep this blog specific with just the small tidbits regarding the big news stories of each day, varying the topics across the board as interesting news becomes available.  I am trying to ensure each daily post is done before or near 9am, and any other posts occur as news comes in.  At times I have updated the main post if immediately after posting new and pertinent information becomes known.  I am gathering my tidbits from Twitter, where I have multiple news agencies being followed, as well as a few major websites - including, but not limited to The Washington Post, The New York Times, The Huffington Post, Reuters, and CTV News.  I also follow Al Jazeera English, as well as BBC Breaking News.

The point is, I am trying to provide a daily dose of the major news stories in a small, quick update that gives the basic outline of what's going on across the globe, and to inform people as to what the popular topics of discussion are worldwide on each particular day.

The upshot is this:  If you like what I'm doing, no problem, I just ask that you keep reading and occasionally click on an advertisement here and there.  If you want more from my writing in this blog, let me know it.  It has been mentioned that i should provide a link to the main stories I'm referring to in my posts, but in my mind that defeats the purpose of the blog entire.  I am trying to cater to the people who don't have the time nor the interest to go hunt down the full story, and instead are looking for the blurb that tells them what's up.  To provide the links to the articles I'm getting my information from would just have people leaving the site right away, and what good would my writing it in the first place be?  If you want the whole article, you all know where to go to get in-depth coverage; I don't consider myself a news writer, I'm just passing on information.

So if you want the tidbits to be larger, let me hear it.  If you like what I'm doing, I'd love to hear that too.  If you are only here because you accidentally clicked on the site when looking for the real news sites, I apologise for getting in the way.  Regardless, I'll be here again tomorrow morning, if not sooner, with my daily round-up of what we're all talking about.

More news as it happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment